I am a homeschooling mom of three kids, one of which is ADHD and another was visually impaired up until third grade. In my past life, I had lost 30 lbs, ran 240 miles in a year, and became a Zumba Instructor. Then Rheumatoid Arthritis humbly knocked me off that high horse, and life has me rebuilding pretty much from scratch at this point. I may potentially be ADHD as well, I suspect. I’m Hispanic. I’ve been happily married to my high school sweet heart for 12+ years. I live in Alaska though I was born in Venezuela and raised in South Florida. And I’ve been a born-again Christian since I was 15 years old. With my family 4 time zones and 6000 miles away, my church IS my family. And I’m a reader.
Some of my readers know me from way back in my blogger.com days, others joined me when I was at confessions1st.com, and some of you may just now have started following me. But in case you didn’t know, here are 10 things this blog is DEFINATELY not:
- Advertisement. Ugh I hate clicking stuff away from the article I want to read. I’m willing to pay to keep you from that. While maybe some day I may do a sponsored post, it’s not really my style. I don’t want to sell you anything. Really.
Disclaimer: I do book reviews. I normally don’t get paid to share my opinion on the books, I just get the books for free – and more frequently I give a copy of the book away!
- Gospel or Professional Advice. Nope. I’m an average mom.
- Pinterest Worthy: If you’re waiting for me to share, “7 crafts you can do for St. Patrick’s Day” or “5 ways to grow closer to God”, I can point you in the direction of some GREAT bloggers. That’s just not my style.
- Photogenic: I write, visual arts are NOT my forte, so most of the pics featured here are either from pixabay.com or they are from my phone.
- Word vomit venting: While I’m transparent about struggling through some tough times, I don’t want to share with you anything without a ray of light somehow.
- Exclusively, Entirely Christian: I’ve prayed about this a lot. And while I am exclusively, entirely Bible-believing Christian myself, that’s not the only audience I want to reach. It’s not the only thing I want to write about. It’s not even the only thing I talk about! I mean in all sincerity, I meet up with friends and talk about television shows, funny youtube cat videos, parenting, and sports. If I only blogged in “Christianese”, it would be very fake of me.
- Political: Bleeeegh
- Bashing of Anyone Else: I don’t beat anyone down with changes that need to be made, except me.
- Without Error.
- Anyone Else’s Opinion But My Own.
Got any suggestions you’d like to see here? Share below!